Please read our Competition T&C’s carefully to ensure you know all of the information.
However, while competitions are often thought of as ‘run of the mill’, whenever you ask audience members to ‘enter for a chance to win’ you have stepped into the zone of the ‘legally regulated competition’.
When running a competition you must make sure before you run your competition, you communicate the terms and conditions, such as who is eligible, what the prizes are, the time frame for the contest, and how will winners be determined.
Here’s a good template for standard ‘T&C’s’ that you can use for your competition…
1. The promoter is: Dandylion Style Ltd
2. Employees of Dandylion Style or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. Only submissions through our newsletter signup can be entered into the competitions.
5. Closing dates for competitions will be displayed on the competition image. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
8. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
9. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
10. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
11. Winners will be chosen:
- at random by the owner of the business from all entries that have come in via Twitter/Facebook and Newsletter submissions.
12. The winner will be notified by email within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
14. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
16. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by [English] law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of [England].
17. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
19. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.